Monday, May 01, 2006

What is up with my taste?

Seriously, when did I become this person I am now? I used to be perfectly happy to be single all the time (because, let's face it, I was single ALL the time--whatever, who was I going to be with in Idaho or in Pasco?). I date one great guy (who turns out not to run the course as I had hoped), and all of a sudden I can't handle the single life (which had kind of been my niche).

Admittedly, I did just break up with Patrick, so perhaps I will snap back into singleness sometime in the nearish future, but I feel like my psyche has betrayed me or something. She used to be on my team, but now she is on someone else's team--like she has been hanging out with my mom and grandma and their friends, and she (psyche) can't wait to marry me off. When did this happen? Six months ago I was not this girl. Where did she come from? Can I send her back?

So, in connection with the new psyche, what are my favorite shows on tv right now? Well (other then Grey's Anatomy) they are "What About Brian?" and "How I Met Your Mother" which are basically the drama and comedy versions of eachother The story is about a group of friends in their late 20's to mid 30's. In Brian, everyone is paired up except Brian a smart, funny, tv perfect kind of guy who can't seem to get himself the right girl. In Mother, there is the couple, the single career babe, the asshole womanizer (Doogie Howser being freaking hilarious), and Ted the smart, funny, tv perfect kind of guy who wants to get married but can't seem to get himself the right girl. Frankly, they are the kind of characters (Brian and Ted) that make real people's lives miserable because you never seem to meet them in real life (or you think you do but are proven wrong because that's how real life differs from TV and movies). Anyway, that is what I toture myself with lately. Thanks psyche, thanks for everything.

Also, Brian Bush and I saw the best play the other night. I rank it right up there with 98 Midsummer at OSF and Imago's Frogs as some of the most magical theatre I have ever seen. It is called Dustbowl Gothic, and I highly, highly reccommend it, so if you are in Chicago, go see it. It's at the building stage (see their website ), and I don't know how to explain it except to say that it is magical and touching and the more Bushie and I talked about it, the more we loved it and the more we got out of it. Speaking of theatre, I have an audition Saturday which means I should get off this computer and get my ass ready!

2 comments:

Robyn said...

break a leg

Anonymous said...

if it takes you breaking everything to get it? save your mind for last! :)