Saturday, May 20, 2006

The Universe Gave Me Flowers

No really, it did.

There is this funky, seemingly found object vase at pier one that is bright turquoise and I have wanted for a while, and I always wanted a few stems of peonies (bright red) to put in it. However the vase is $30 and the peonies are $5 a stem, so it just was too expensive, and I never bought any of the pieces. Yesterday, they both went 50% off, and I get my discount on top of that, so the ended up being about $22, and yesterday our store finally got the pier one bucks (gift certificates to the store) that we won last month. I got $21. The universe gave me flowers.

Also, I got an important update on my auto insurance in the mail today. I think that perhaps the insurance company that sent it to me needs an important update--I don't have a car.

No comments: