Monday, May 08, 2006

Reflecting on Jesus

Jesus-boy that is. Reflecting on the fact that that is the longest relationship I have ever been in. That was my high water mark, my endurance point. Seriously? I look around and see all my friends in relationships (marriages and not, going to be marriages and not), and I think why can't I do that? A couple of months seems to be all I have in me (whether I am the one ending the relationship or on the receiving end of that).

What am I missing? What day of life did I sleep through? Even my grown-up relationships can't stay the course. How did the long term one come from the guy who I thought was kind of dumb but really too pretty to turn down when he was being so persistent, so I let him go out on a date with me. And then another and then another and so on until we were in a relationship, and that lasted a year and a month. WTF? There was no future in me and Jesus-boy (although if there were I would totally be running one of his dad's hotels right now).

Thank you CJ Cregg for sending me wondering in this direction. What would have done with tonight if I didn't have this to dwell on?

2 comments:

Jim said...

Jesus-boy?

I was thinking today, Heather, about how next week despite my joy for Donald and Margaret in their nuptials, a small part of me will be jumping up and down inside of me yelling, "You're missing the series finale of West Wing!"

Heather K said...

OH MY GOD I HADN"T THOUGHT OF THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

However, it will be taped and waiting for me on Monday night. That makes me a little sad in my soul, but Donald and Margaret are worth it.