Tuesday, May 16, 2006

My friends are growing up, so maybe I am too

Seeing everyone this weekend was a pretty powerful thing. It was wonderful, and with such a gap between actual conversations with them they had all grown up a lot. Before we were like training wheel adults, but the people I saw this weekend were for real, fully actualized, grown-ups. I didn't know we could do that. It was fantastic, and I am so glad I went.

Also, I will be house managing (kind-of) for the company that did the show I loved a few weeks ago in order for the director to see it one last time. Anyway, hopefully this will be a good connection to build. We shall see. I better go downstairs and buy food before the little store closes.

2 comments:

Jim said...

I feel more like we get older and discover, perhaps without realizing it, that there was never much to growing up. Almost as if getting older and becoming an adult is marked more by the things you lose and less by the things you gain, of which there are less. I say this because the people I knew 5 and 10 years ago are essentially the same people I know today, with little differences.

Heather K said...

Yeah, it was somehow kind of a loss to realize we are adults now. Like before we were hints of what we were going to be, but now we are getting closer and closer to the final thing with less and less change.