Friday, May 12, 2006

In honor of Mother's Day

And in honor of my mother (inspired by Kevin Smith's--yes, that Kevin Smith--blog which totally rules), I would like to make this blog a list of things she has taught me.

How to make the world's most amazing chocolate chip cookies from memory.

That it is valid to speak your mind always because no one can take your opinion or point of view away from you, nor should they.

How to sew like a bad ass.

That family is family, and you love them no matter what, and you do for them no matter what, and they don't have to share your DNA or your blood to be family.

How to drive (which would explain a lot to the friends who complain of my driving).

To try to find the good (or at least the thing that will help you grow) in everything.

That a great fit is important whether clothes cost $500 or 5 cents.

That quality is always better then quantity, especially in relationships.

To look at the practical side of things (dad gets an honorable mention here too).

To enjoy your friends.

But beyond what she has taught me, I must thank her most of all for always supporting me even if she had no idea what I was doing or what she was supporting.

No comments: