Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Nice day, nice wekend, nice sister

So this weekend I met Patrick's sister, and she was awesome!! She was really fun and funny and smart and likes some of the same things I do--definitely felt like I would like her even if she wasn't related to someone I loved. She seemed to like me as well--she said I was 'adorable' so it looks like I passed that test.

We also went to the zoo which was tons of fun for me. We got up close and personal with a bear (who was lying on the other side of the glass cage wall), and saw all manner of animals (and a one legged bird). It was cool.

Then today we went to the Museum of Contemporary Art and saw some Andy Warhols (which are way powerful in person, expecially considering they are relatively simple in composition) and some Calder mobiles (which Emily Gann-Korff made move by blowing air onto them using magazines) which were really cool being as elaborate and stark as they are. We also saw this Jeff Koons piece which was a little one person inflatable row boat cast in bronze. Get it, a boat cast in bronze! I thought that was hysterical. We aslo just hung out and had a great day. I really love that the man I love and my best friend are friends in their own right. It makes me very happy.

Other then that not too much to say. I watched some American Idol, and mostly enjoyed some people on it. I kind of hate Ace and Kelly Pickler. I harassed Patrick for having a crush on Katherine MacPhee, but I was just kidding.

OH! I almost forgot, on our way downtown Patrick and I walked toward a bus stop and all of a sudden he freaked out a little bit and turned me down a street the complete wrong direction. He did this because the ex-girlfriend was waiting at that bus stop, and he did not think it would be very fun for all of us to wait for the bus there together. Although, he is pretty sure she saw us turn and walk up the street the other way. I mostly thought it was funny. It was funny, and not awful since we didn't have to wait for the bus with her--or even worse, we could've gotten on at a stop before that bus stop (beacause Patrick lives about half way in between the two of them) and then rode the same bus with her downtown. Ick! Anyway, I am mostly bugged that I didn't get a good look at her because I have no idea what she looks like and the sick part of my brain wants me to empirically know if I am prettier then her or skinnier then her and all that sort of thing. I am strangely a little jealous of her, and I am not sure why because Patrick is with me, and he loves me, and I know that I have nothing to worry about from her. Whatever, that just provs I am still a girl.

No comments: