Friday, May 15, 2009

6644

So I wrote some more last night, just not a ton more.  I fear for this book, it is clearly on the path to not working as well as it should because we still haven't seen hide nor hair of the hero.  Whoops!  But I toy with two things, holding out hope that the book itself has a story salvageable from some of the filler that is being written and probably will continue to get written (thanks deadline) or the possibility of making it a romance novel where you meet ther hero as late as possible (which would be a very clear this book's plot will self destruct in ___ pages).  Although the second choice may be harder than just writing the dang thing and plugging forward.  I won't be writing today as I have a very full day, but I intend to bust at least a couple hundred to a couple thousand words out Saturday morning, and then I will have my three hour writing marathon on Sunday night to look forward to.
 
 

4 comments:

-al said...

How do you know you haven't introduced the hero yet?
Maybe you have and don't know it yet.

Heather K said...

I guess that is possible, but it presents other problems as there haven't been too many male characters, unless this is a lesbian romance novel and I never knew.

Sally said...

Personally, I think the hardest part of writing a novel may be the editing. Just allow this story to be what it is.

I know that every time I try writing a "straight" story, I get bored and frustrated. When I start adding elements of magic and magical realism, the story comes alive for me every time. But it took two books for me to figure that out. So just let this story tell itself and figure out what you like to write.

Heather K said...

That is excellent advice.