Wednesday, May 20, 2009

no further

I have written no further, instead I was in the grips of a killer cold that made me feel like I was going to die.  Well maybe not so dire, but there was feverish bits and chills and a painful sore throat that turned into a hacking cough and there were rivers and oceans of snot that wasn't terribly technicolor which was nice.  I basically stopped eating since I wasn't hungry, but if hot soup appeard I would drink that because it made the throat feel better.  I think I subsisted for four days off three bowls of soup and some water.  I tried to drink liquids, but I know I wasn't drinking close to enough.  Mostly I fell in and out of sleep on my bed.
 
Which makes today back at work wonderful!  WONDERFUL!  There is sky and the air from outdoors and other people, and I am just so happy to be out and alive--although some of this may be the codeine in my cough suppressant/expectorant talking.  I also have a new doctor who is very exotic and beautiful, and I will be going back to see her for regular phyiscal/check up doctoring (my first since moving to Chicago, I know, I know, shame on me, I know, there were just big chunks of no insurance or insufficient insurance or no ability to pay the copay or take the time off to go to the doctor, so please don't tell me socialized medicine would be awful because it would make many people's lives so much easier but whatever).  Did I mention codeine?  Ok, so I am not really taking as much codeine as I am making it sound.  I take a teaspoonful and then like later by many hours (often more than the label says) I take another when I start coughing again, and the label says I could take two teaspoonfuls if I want which I did last night to help get to sleep.
 
I seriously have not had a cold like that in so long I cannot remember.  Seriously it was ickariffic.  A term I have no coined for bad colds.
 
Back to rehearsal and some writing tonight.  Tomorrow night and Friday will be heavy writing nights as well.  Basically I must become instantly very effficient at finding time to write as I am about halfway to what I should be by the end of the week (as in should be at 15k and am at 7250).

2 comments:

Sally said...

Um. Swine Flu, anyone? Fever and chills is a flu symptom, not a cold.

So I know it's not the best way to lose weight, but did the several days of not eating make a difference? I mean, you should get something good out of such a hideous experience.

Heather K said...

It actually did. I am about 6 pounds lighter at the docs office than I was last time I weighed myself. I am going to continue the eating way less and milk this lack of appetite as hard as I can. It won't last too long I venture.