Thursday, May 07, 2009

Just odds and ends

I didn't write any yesterday, instead I went to bed early because I was very tired, but I am very glad to be welcoming Jim into the 5k a week for 10 weeks club.  He is at http://livewriteordei.wordpress.com so please help me encourage him on.
 
I really, really, really, really REALLY want an Amazon Kindle 2.  I check on it online every couple of days, and it is still really expensive, and I should start saving up for it now.  Although I have a $30 Amazon gift certificate, so that only leaves me like $329 dollars short.  Which you know is only a ridiculous chunk of my monthly paycheck, so whatever you know?  Plus we are saving up for a next generation TiVo box, so we can have dual tuner capabilities, more storage space, the ability to watch netflix on demand through it, and so we can put one in the bed room so Sam never misses an episode of friends ever and can watch some of them from bed as he falls asleep.  But when that has been purchased (as we are almost there on that one), I will start saving up for a Kindle.  Unless I get one for my birthday.  I did ask for one, but it is one of those presents that I feel bad asking for because they are quite expensive, and even if I would LOVE having one, I would feel bad getting one as a gift because they are expensive.  So we shall see.  Maybe I will just ask for an Amazon gift certificate that I will just apply to my Kindle purchase, maybe I will ask my family for those too?!  Then I would be very close to the end goal.  This may be the way to go.
 
Seeing 500 Clown MacBeth tonight with Chris, Jamie, and Sam.  It should be fun since it will be everyone else's first time seeing it live (Jamie and Chris have seen tapes of it).  I am way excited.
 
Last night I kind of live twitterd "Criminal Minds" because it had a few glaring factual errors.  They went to Bend, Oregon to solve a series of murders by car (or rather big truck) and it used as a set piece one if not two multi-story parking garages.  At this point I called bullshit because although a similar size east coast or even midwest town might have a parking garage or two at a hospital or a downtown area, Bend is in the middle of almost nothing and therefore, they pave, they don't build.  They might have one in the whole town, but I seriously doubt it, and they do not have two.  My twitter network seemed to confirm this.  They did pronounce Oregon correctly, but they also seemed to think the commute from Eugene to Bend would be something people may do for work which I again call bull shit as that would be around a 5 1/2 to 6 hour round trip.  Yeah they probably head to Eugene for shopping and things every once in a while but not terribly frequently.  I will give them the 8+ hour drive back from Napa Valley as an every once in a while thing, but that barely I give them.  It was just bugging me.  I hate it when they get things super wrong about the Pacific Northwest, although last season they did a decent job faking the Spokane area, so I will give them that.

4 comments:

Jim said...

Thanks for the plug!

Word Verification: "cownd" - what you say when you embarrass a cow on the internet.

Dropped At Birth said...

kindle dx is coming out this summer! retailing for $489.

sally said...

I am so jealous. 500 clown Macbeth live. Dooood. I wanna go too.

I get so annoyed when movies and TV mess up easy stuff. I mean, how hard would it have been to contact the Chamber of Commerce or look at googlemaps to figure out this basic stuff. Isn't that what production assistants are for?

Hey. I'm on Twitter now. Same name as my blog, minus the www and the dotcom. So find me or email me your username and I will follow you. Yay!

Heather K said...

I can't get it to find your blog name. Weird. But I am the same as my old email that you think is quite easy to remember minus the at hotmail.