Monday, May 25, 2009

Long Weekend

It was also a trying one. My decision turned out to be even harder than I thought that it would be, and I already knew it was really, really hard. Then Sam was being difficult and I wasn't sure why, but we ended up talking it out, and I think we both understand each other better, and he still isn't drinking, so that is good.

I am back at my apartment watching "The Way We Were" as Azar makes a collage. She has never seen it, but I think she will love it. (Right now she is squealing and covering her eyes because Hubble has gone home with Katie and it is only the first half an hour)

This week will see me falling back into my life's routine. It will also see me stopping work on the novel. I just have had too much stress and insanity in my life to keep it up and the deadline is just stressing me out, and I am stressed out enough without it. It is there on my computer, if I want to work on it, I can. I just am off the program. I will NaNoWriMo this November, and call it good.

7 comments:

Jim said...

I have to support your decision. Because I lost my momentum in the second week and I was feeling guilty. Also because other things in life are more important and you don't need to add to that stress.

Heather K said...

Maybe we can both try again in November and join groups that do that in our areas and online and keep our momentum up with all the others doing it, plus I think we could get tshirts! Although apparently the second week loss of momentum is very common.

Jim said...

Should we get t-shirts just for us? Like, "Go Heather!" and "Go Jim!"?

Word Verification: "Dooint" = Doing it in a hurry.

Heather K said...

WE TOTALLY SHOULD!!!

Oh, also, I totally got your card. I meant to blog about it this weekend and it slipped my mind. Jim sent me a homemade card. Inserting blogging here in the comments.

It was really shiny silver and neat, but I couldn't read it because I think he wrote it in dingbats. But it was still way cool.

Jim said...

It's a secret code! You have to decipher it.

Heather K said...

I will work on the deciphering. I actually thought that it might be, but I was too tired to try to decipher this weekend.

word verification: lolagaed--states like california that trail behind other more enlightened states like Iowa when it comes to gay marriage.

Sally said...

About the writing thing. One of the reasons NaNo is such a great way to get something actually finished is that it more or less requires you to write daily. Which means that you get into the habit of writing every day. It's harder to keep at it if you're not writing daily because you have to keep picking up the ball and starting over. Not impossible, just harder. Plus, the excitement and support you get during NaNo is pretty amazing.

But you have to be in a place in your life where daily writing is possible. I wanted to do NaNo for three years before I actually could, just because my life was so full there wasn't the time to write. And as soon as my life got full again, NaNo had to go by the wayside. So don't beat yourself up over it. Just pick up and start again when you can.