Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I kepp forgetting things

I put on a windbreaker over my lightweight sweater today feeling that would be sufficient to get to work warmly enough and light enough to cram into my bag on the way to rehearsal after work.  However, I realized AT work, that I had put my windbreaker on inside out.
 
Yes, yes I did this.
 
In my defense it is almost the exact same color red on the inside and on the outside, plus equally shiny.  It also is a fashion windbreaker rather than a sporty one, so it has no bungess, pockets, or random cordy-lumpy-sticky-outy things on it.  Just a little like ruching detail that isn't terribly bumpy.  So I walked to the bus stop, by many people, stood at bus stop on Michigan freaking Avenue with many people, and got onto fairly full bus (you know full of people) and no one mentioned that perhaps my coat was on wrong.  It seems wistful to hope that no one noticed.
 
Such is my life.

4 comments:

Sally said...

I bet they AAAAALL noticed.
And felt sorry for you.
And didn't say anything because they didn't want to embarrass you.

OR

They were all so involved with their own lives that very few people even thought something about your outfit was odd.

That second scenario is probably the correct one, but the first is funnier. (At least, to me.)

Heather K said...

Spelling is one of the other things I have forgotten.

Sally said...

And by the way, how's the writing coming?

Jim said...

Yeah, where's the writing?