Friday, May 01, 2009

what a busy bee i is

This weekend is just chock full of the fun!
 
Tonight, we have Jazz at the symphony center (an evening with Brad Meldhau) and then (like literally I will haul ass outside and grab a cab to haul ass to my seat at the LakeShore Theatre) Jeananne Garofalo.  Tomorrow night a late night preformance of Hedwig and the Angry Inch.  I am so full of stuff to do.
 
Also, I would like to announce my intention to write a novel in about two months.  Instead of the NaNoWriMo version of one month, I want to force myself to do something I can do.  May is rehearsal month for the Ville, and I just couldn't do my very on ChiMayWriMo and stay with it.  The end of the month would kill me, so I am adapting my own version.  5,000 words a week for 10 weeks or 50,000 words/end of novel that is at least 50,000 words--which means if I break 50,000 and finish novel before 10 weeks I stop writing.  I will hold myself to writing at least every third day, but this is asking me to average 715 words a day, so I will need to keep my nose to the grindstone.  I will update my progress here, and I would like all of you to please, please, please keep me to it.  Bet me.  Make demands on me that require me to embarass myself if I do not finish.  Conveniently, the week after my deadline is the reunion of the bitchbarn.  I will even give draft copies there to people who wnat them.  But please, keep me with it. 
 
Rules:
I start on Sunday.  So the 4th of July is my Independence Day (also my brothers wedding so I better get some serious typing done on the plane and around the festivities/
A week is Sunday to Monday.
I have to hit 50,000 words, or I am massive Fail.
 
And away we go.
 

3 comments:

sally said...

Yay you!

You know, 715 words is nothing. NOTHING. You can do that easy peasy.

Heather K said...

Yeah I am pretty confident going into this. It is when we hit the tech rehearsal at the end of this month that I will get scared. Then I must actually finishe early since the deadline falls on the day when I am in a wedding. But, June will be good. June will mean I get busy and I turn 30.

Jim said...

I will send you something funny/interesting/cute for every 5,000 words that you write, as long as it fits inside of a regular envelope, or not if I think it's really funny and worth it. This is your incentive.

And in addition, general cheering. Go Heather! I will happily read it, too.

word verification: theedlu, as in, "What is the Edlu?"