Saturday, May 02, 2009

Janeane Garofalo was AWESOME

I can't even begin to explain how wonderful she is. She is the funnest, coolest, awesome kind of girl ever. And her stand up was funny, but I cannot explain how. It was kind of like being at a party with someone who is 150% on while still being a good listener and only being mean to like Hannity and scary Fox News Republicans and not mean to anyone else.

I LOVE HER!!!!! Like I just love her. That is all I have.

She appeared with Mark Maron who was also great. His comedy was much more complicated and walked a pretty fine line between what most people would find funny and really awkward. And I admit to finding some of it uncomfortable. But I think my favorite thing about it was that he clearly loved watching his more complicated jokes hit the audience because they didn't hit everyone and the people they did hit sort of rolled into the joke in a wave. And he got such great satisfaction out of people running with his very hard, very smart comedy that he completely won me over. I also kept thinking how much Chrissy would like him.

There was also a local comic named Dan something, and I really liked his long geek based jokes. He got a lot of mileage out of being a big nerd and telling really long complicated jokes about the comic books he is a fan of and playing too much worlds of warcraft. I liked him, if I could remember his f ing name I would try to go see him again. It was kind of like Dan Fogelberg, but he obviously wasn't Dan Fogelberg.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The local guy was named Dan Telfer!

Heather K said...

Yea! Thank you anonymous. Dan Telfer. I will remember that.

chrissy. said...

i am farmiliar with mark maron, and you're right!