Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I hate Maxi Dresses

For real. I just don't like them if they fall longer than mid calf. They are ok falling that length, comfy and cozy, perhaps longish but whatevs, summer appropriate and sometimes what you need. I HATE full length eat your feet maxi dresses. They look awful and mumu and caftan-y (not in a good way) on almost everyone. I mean they aren't even that flattering a look for Uma Freaking Thurman and she is 19 feet tall with all the boobs and curves a woman could hope for. About the only people they look mildly flattering on are anorexic models who need the extra pounds they add if only to look less like a corpse.

Just seen a lot of them around Chicago lately and would like my displeasure to be felt.

Other than that, I got nothing. Well except this, the June episode of the Ville is going to be really good! Lots happening, people being funny, good sad serious stuff. Just all around good. People seem to be really nailing it, so if you will be in Chicago on a Monday in June, you should come out and see it.

3 comments:

Sally said...

Sadly, I won't be. I fly in on a Tuesday and fly out on a Sunday. Which almost makes it sound like I did it on purpose. But I didn't. Honestly.

I dislike maxi dresses for all the reasons you mention here, with the added hatred for their return from the 70's where they should have stayed. I remember them from the first time around, you see. They were ugly then too. I saw a lot of them in Denver this last weekend. Made me sad.

chrissy. said...

i had to google "maxi dresses". i had no idea what you were talking about. i am so out of the loop!

Heather K said...

You are probably not the only one who needed to do that.