Wednesday, January 24, 2007

American Idol, sigh

I kind of cannot handle the sheer delusional ridiculousness of the audition episodes. The people in it hurt me. Presumably, they watch the show, so they should know what they are putting themselves up for in an audition. Why then are the shocked when they aren't sent on? I can understand being shocked to get sent to Hollywood since so many people don't get through. Like Randy says, they are looking for the best, not just anybody with a nice voice or a serviceable church choir voice. Although, it did get Renee the quote of the night, "I love it when white boys sing! Especially soul."

3 comments:

-al said...

two words: Russ Scott.

Heather K said...

AAAAUUUGGHHH!!!! Not cool. Scaring a girl like that. And I wasn't even on the list.

Robyn said...

as a side note, my sister-in-law auditioned for American Idol- not sure if it was last season or not