Tuesday, January 02, 2007

PS I am not really a stalker and I have proof

I was cleaning out my email account and ran across a folder that I made a long time ago but almost never use. In it are a few emails that were all saved for sentimental reasons--a few from Patrick, a great inspirational one from my friend Yellow Heather, etc--including a copy of an email I wrote to someone else but blind cc'd a copy of it to myself. It was the email where I may or may not have professed my love (but was like 80% sure I didn't). I totally didn't. It was a perfectly harmless email. I hinted at someone taking me out, but that is all, and I did it in a totally joking way, and if you don't believe me I still have the email proof.

It is however true that even if this means I am not a stalker, it probably means that I am some sort of sad pathetic weirdo.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no. You have to go much, much farther than that to be a sad, pathetic wierdo. I once declared my love in a letter to someone I'd gone to high school with eleven years before. This was based on one drunken makeout session at a mutual friend's wedding when I was 27 and should have known better. And I sent it.

That's sad, pathetic wierdoness for you.

It made our 20th reunion a little awkward. He and I were both very careful to stay on opposite sides of whatever gathering space existed.

laurenj said...

not pathetic at all, just a clear argument for the importance of having a 'sent' folder in your email that stores letters like this for future reference.

-al said...

I don't think you're a weirdo.

Heather K said...

It wasn't even a sent folder (I used to clean that one out all the time when my vandal mail had one). The actual label of the folder is 'sighing' which is more sad if you were to see what was actually in it.

Somehow I want to print out and frame Alan saying I am not a weirdo for future reference.

-al said...

go ahead and print it out. because, by stating that i do not think of you as a weirdo, i imply that i think of you as sad and pathetic.
have a lovely day.