Saturday, January 20, 2007

YESSSS!!!

So I love being reattached to the internet. I love it. My new computer is way the fuck faster then my old one. I guess that is what comes of being a dual processor, or having one or something--I do not speak this form of nerd. However, the buttons on the 'mouse' are in just a different enough place to confuse me, and it is weird that the keys aren't all worn smooth on all the home row letters and common letters. But it is shiny and bright and I can burn CDs and DVDs and I am wirelessly connected to the internet which means I can IMDB from right in front of the TV!!!!! Although I have been warned that using the computer while watching TV will get me in trouble with the roomies. Although really, I mostly watch complete and utter crap on the TV, so if they want to watch something else they could just say. Unless it is a new episode of one of my shows, but some of my shows are also their shows, so they are watching it anyway, or it is House which had to be given up for Gilmore Girls way earlier this season (which is fine since I am already committed to buying it on DVD anyway. Plus I can watch almost all of everything on the internet now, so it really is no never mind. They should realize this. I do like to hold the remote control, but it is fine to tell me it is their turn with the TV.

7 comments:

-al said...

congrats on the new computer.
your stream of consciousness style of writing very closely approximates an actual conversation with you.

Robyn said...

i was thinking that too

Jim said...

... how far off track did that go? wow. :)

Heather K said...

It is totally on the same track. There is a very clear through line, but the end of the line just went someplace entirely unexpected. The through line is there.

Yeah, I have been told I type exactly as I speak.

-al said...

it was nice of you to punctuate this piece, but i don't really know that it needed it.

Heather K said...

It's compulsive.


I am compulsive. . . . I guess. (Puts head down in a pout).

Anonymous said...

I think that's one reason I love reading this blog. It's like being in the same room with you.

During Salesman, I had an entrance from the house left vom and I kept thinking of you while I stood down there. It just wasn't the same without you.