Wednesday, January 31, 2007

I think my alarm clock doesn't like my radio station

My clock radio has been tuned to a top forty/greatest hits of the 80's, 90's, and 00's station since I got it a few months ago. It has a really funny morning program, and it plays lots of music I like and very little music that makes me want to throw it against the wall when it goes off. It has been getting a little static-y lately, slowly but surely. Plus it tends to become just static if I get too far away from it or stand up near it (who knows with the magical airwaves). Then a few days ago, it cleared itself right up. Which was awesome, but it also was on a different station. This time it is an alternative radio station (so still playing music I like but a little bit harder then my pop usual choice). Admittedly it is a very mainstream alternative music station, so it is essentially the greatest hits of the alt rock genre in the last decade and a pinch. I guess it was just sick of playing pop music.

It is getting really cold here. Both my face and my legs were stinging cold after the walk to work, and I took a bus home--which didn't really lessen my walking all that much but it did allow for me to walk down streets that had a lot less wind blowing in my face. Plus I rented the Spike Lee Katrina documentary at my Blockbuster (where it let me off).

Hero of the week: my mailman for bringing me the Sims 2, so that I can play it. I may or may not have been so silly as to make myself a sim-Henry Rollins who is married to a sim-me and given sim-me and sim-Henry two kids, a teenage boy and a cute little girl. I may or may not have been that silly.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet you were that silly. If anybody's keeping track.

-al said...

i'm keeping track.
i'm always keeping track.
always.

Jim said...

I got Amy the Sims 2 Pets thing for Christmas. When I was playing it I made sim versions of all of us, including the pets, and then when I moved them in ... it all went to hell.

Heather K said...

This author I am very fond of (Laurie Notaro) wrote a column (when when she was a columnist) about the dangers of creating your real life couple in a Sims version. She says that no matter why you think it would be a good idea, you are very, very wrong. She learned her lesson when her sim husband got depressed and stopped eating and died. Forever after she got to hear about how she didn't care enough about her husband and killed him.