Monday, January 22, 2007

Sometimes you can miss something that you have always had

I work with a great friend of mine named Kristy, but since we are sort of the rocks of the associate team, we don't actually get to work together a lot. Often we are both working on only three days a week, and lately since hours have been trimmed, we may not even be at work during the same hours. Anyway, we haven't seen each other much. Today, we hung something like 12 rugs up on our rug displayer--a job that meant that I am covered in jute and woolen bits and so are my nasal passages. It is a two person job with one person lifting from the floor and the other clipping it to sliding panels, and it is actually a pretty sucky and strenuous job, but today it was the most fun ever. We just were wacky and laughed a lot, the way you do with good friends you enjoy. This makes Kristy my hero of the week. She moves to San Diego in a few months, and I will miss her; I will miss her very much. I am also thrilled to go over to her house on Thursday and hang out after work.

1 comment:

Jim said...

Your story reminds me of working at RGIS with Mike. In the beginning it was fun and we became friends talking about all kinds of crazy shit. *Sigh*