Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Hanging out

I spent the day with my friend Johnny B today. He is getting ready to leave us Chicago types for a stint back in Idaho, acting up a storm with the Idaho Shakespearience. Yeah, they are clever down there in Boise (in case you are wondering the Shakespearience is a traveling cutting of a Shakespeare play for junior high and high school kids because that wasn't obvious without an explanation).

We just sat around and talked for a while, and then we went to the airport to pick up one of his best friends from home who is here to visit and drive cross country with him. It is interesting to see someone you know well interact with someone you know not at all but that they know well and that they have known well far longer then they have known you (have fun with that parade of pronouns). You learn lots of things that way; bits of how they got to be who they are, bits of parts of them that you never see, and just more of them. Plus it often involves laughing very hard. John's friend Tyson is great and just the kind of old friend of his from Boise I would imagine. It was fun, plus I got to see some more Angie and Sara Jo too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, along with missing you, I also miss Johnny B & SJ. And all the other people who moved to Chicago. I'm not even sure who's there anymore.

Heather K said...

Brians Turpin and Bush, Sara and John, and Angie and me and Tim Stoddard and Jeff Davis. Although I hardly ever see Turpin, Jeff or Tim.