Friday, January 26, 2007

Yesterday

I was watching CNN before work yesterday morning, and I caught the weather report. It was the one they have in the mornings that highlights which portion of the country will be experiencing "America's Worst Weather." Yesterday it was here in Chicago. Now I knew it was going to be cold, so I was all layered up for the day with cuddle duds and two sweaters, so I was prepared for the fierce cold that earned my portion of the Midwest that dubious honor. However, outside was a whole different thing. It was definitely cold, but it was a beautiful day otherwise. The sun was shining so brightly and the sky was clear, and it was fairly still--wind-wise--for Chicago It was as nice a day as it could be with a high of 24 degrees. So, of course I ran all kinds of errands and trudged around in it for probably two and a half miles, maybe three miles of walking in one day.

1 comment:

laurenj said...

I saw that and thought of you