Saturday, January 27, 2007

Well timed buses

I have finally cracked the magic code that is the owl Belmont bus that stops near Jon, Angie, and Sara's house because it took me a little less then a half hour to get home last night including 3/4 of a mile of walking. Awesome. In sadder news, Jon has headed back to Idaho for a stint at the Boise Shakespeare Festival. I will miss him, but as I told him yesterday that I am only letting him go because he is coming back with more people I like (that means you Daigle and Chris Plummer). I have decided people may temporarily move as long as they come back in multiples.

My sinuses seem to be unwilling to fully drain lately, even when I take my loratadine all regular like, but then when I do that I feel really dehydrated unless I drink so much water I pee every five minutes. That balance is a hard thing to strike.

Plus I am very excited because it looks like I may be able to get really cheap tickets to get to go see Paco de Lucia play flamenco guitar at the Chicago Symphony. It will be awesome. He is world famous genius of new flamenco. I cannot wait.

I have been watching a lot of the Wire and some Ken Burns documentaries lately. The Wire is a really fascinating complex little show. I kind of love it becuase the characters are so human and fallible in a believable sort of way. You don't always feel like you have to like them to stay with the show, but they are normal enough that you are at least a little involved in the stories. It is way good. The documentaries are me being the world's biggest nerd and liking stories about the wild west. Hmm, well. Later I am going to go watch movies with Sara and Angie.

3 comments:

Jim said...

I don't remember what I was going to say. I had an "opening" in mind, but I forget. Anyway. I and the missus have been watching Extras lately. Right now, I think my favorite aspect is the celebrities that come on and portray themselves as these oddball characters. S'Great.

chrissy. said...

i love ken burns documentaries. pictures and actors reading letters? i'm a sucker for it.

laurenj said...

The Wire? Best. Show. Ever. They are all so gorgeously fucked up.