Thursday, March 20, 2008

Friends Rule

First I would like to thank any and all of you for good thoughts sent my direction. I think it went well. You know as well as any interview you have had seems to have gone if you felt good about it but there was no immediate offer.

Second I would like to thank Robin who is plugging away at making me special convertible mittens or, as I understand it, something that functions a lot like that.

Third and most overwhelmingly, I would like to thank Chrissy who I suggested make me a mix cd, and came back with 10! I got ten mixed cd's from her in the mail with titles like "My Favorites (right now)" to "Indie Pop 2" (oh yes there was a 1 also), and "Country and Blues" and "Big Band and Swing" and what they all seem to have in common is a large dose of AWESOME! I am very excited to put them on and listen to them at work. It will be great. Thank you Chrissy! This is so cool.

In other news, the theatre department secretary of my grad school passed on yesterday. She was wonderful and gave really good hugs and succumbed to her second battle with cancer, and she will be missed. So will her hugs.

In other, other news, I am getting new glasses. They aren't here yet and this seems an inappropriate follow-up.

In yet more news, it seems my mother and her two friends all plan to stay at my apartment for two and a half days. With my roommate. And me. And the two cats. And the one bathroom. Yeah. That will be awesome.

Also, my roommate bagged all the trash up this weekend, and she still hasn't taken it out yet. There are like four bags of trash in my kitchen, and it is gross, and the grossness has almost made me take them out. In fact, it most likely will make me take them out tomorrow morning, but she stole all my towels, filled my apartment with trash, and somehow I am painted as the bad roommate in our little saga. Because well I have a boyfriend and several nights a week I stay with him. I am such a jerk.

No comments: