Thursday, March 13, 2008

More Hints for the Ones Left Unguessed--UPDATED

Okay, here is what is left with three hints for each of them, the original plus two more! And now one more quote with names.

8) You're not a loser because you're having sex. But if you weren't having sex, we could definitely debate the issue.

The dance is tomorrow. She's a cheerleader, you've seen Star Wars 27 times. You do the math.

You know what would be cool? To find a girl in a bottle, like "I Dream of Jeanie". I'd like to make out with her on that little couch.

Lindsay, here's an idea - how 'bout you break up our band so you can go make out with Nick? Oh, wait, you already did that.
Freaks and Geeks--Jim


9) If I said I was madly in love with you, you'd know I was lying.

With enough courage, you can do without a reputation.

In spite of you and me and the whole silly world going to pieces around us, I love you. Because we're alike. Bad lots, both of us. Selfish and shrewd. But able to look things in the eyes as we call them by their right names.
Gone With the Wind--Robyn


13) I want something EMBARRASSING! Something sexual! Little boys, midgets, that sort of thing! Cows! I don't give a goddamn!

The people of this nation can stomach quite a bit. But the one thing they can't stomach is the image of a vice president with a mouthful of cock.

You know what this is? It's a shark steak sandwich.

Napoleon once said when asked to explain the lack of great statesmen in the world, that "to get power you need to display absolute pettiness; to exercise power, you need to show true greatness." Such pettiness and greatness are rarely found in one person... Laine Hanson has asked that I allow her to step aside. She asked me to do this because she wants my presidency to end on a note of triumph and not controversey. Understand, those of you who worked to bring Laine Hanson down, that she asked to have her name withdrawn from consideration, NOT because she isn't great, but because she isn't petty. Because those two forms of leadership traits could not live in her body or her soul. Greatness. It comes in many forms, sometimes it comes in the form of sacrifice - that's the loneliest form.

No one got this, but it is a great movie you should all watch "The Contender."



14) You think you're easy? Compared to what, the Hundred Years' War?

Do You think if I come back its going to be ok by magic? What's going to changed? What's going to be different? We'll both be wrong, we'll both loose.

You'll never find anyone as good for you as I am, to believe in you as much as I do or love you as much!

Your girl is lovely, Hubbell.

No one got this either and I bet Robyn is kicking herself, "The Way We Were."


*****************************************

I have tried not to put anything too, too terribly obvious, but the next step in hints will be quotes with names in them and then the really, really obvious ones.

4 comments:

Robyn said...

9- Gone with the Wind

Jim said...

8. Freaks and Geeks! (Now I recognize all of the lines.)

I cheated (although I'm not going to guess) and looked up the other two. And I never would have gotten those in a million years.

Anonymous said...

I looked them up as well, because they sounded vaguely familiar, but I hadn't actually seen the sources. So I won't be guessing either.

Heather K said...

Ok, I am done with this game. So I answered all the extras.