Saturday, March 29, 2008

Stumbling upon Kennewick Man

Or more accurately a fellow tri-citian and his mom. At my Pier 1 today. The three of us were kind of overjoyed to meet up because we could not quite believe we were there. Virtually no one I run into here is from Washington and 99% of those that are have lived in the Seattle area and have little to no idea where my hometown is. Literally it could be on Mars for all they know.

But I still get excited about the prospects of someone who might be from near home. So when my coworker Liz told me there was a guy and his mom in the store from Washington, I went and talked to them. His mom got so excited she hugged me. She will be heading back home and telling everyone she found a fellow tri-citian. She was adorable. I didn't actually know them, but we knew a lot of the same people, and we talked about home for a bit. It was great. But here is the best part. Some of you know the story of my ex-boyfriend who broke up with me because he found Jesus while stoned and drunk in a strip club in Boise (the ex was stoned and drunk, not Jesus, in case you were wondering). He went into full on charismatic Evangelical mode on me, and that did not so much work out. Well, this guy I met "Derrick" knew him in high school. They had been football buddies and whatnot. Derrick had run into him at the airport in Pasco this past Christmas. The ex (usually known as Jesus boy) was going to grad school in Virginia Beach for theatre, but he had not left his Jesus roots oh no. Jesus boy had grown his hair long as well as grown a beard in order to play Jesus in religious theatricals. Oh yes, not lying. I kind of think this is the most awesome thing I have ever heard. I had to call my sister and tell her about it. Her response, "He didn't break up with you for Jesus, he wanted to be Jesus!" Too true.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

he found Jesus while stoned and drunk in a strip club in Boise

You know, I've heard that's where he hangs out. Jesus, I mean. Strip clubs.

You'd never mentioned that particular part of the story before. Sounds to me like somebody was self-medicating and had an episode.

Heather K said...

Actually, I am under the belief that the "friend" who provided the weed he got stoned on mayhap laced it with something stronger. Mayhap with the thought of controlling him, and mayhap he got more than he bargained for.

Okay,I know I used the word mayhap all kinds of wrong up there, but I just liked typing it.

However, it looks like that episode really took.