Saturday, January 23, 2010

Good Day

I kind of thought I was going to blow it and spend it in bed and watching crap that I have stored on my Tivo, but no. I got up. I got out. My lovely friend Sara Jo came with me, and we ran errands and parked in many different styles of garages and street parking!!

First stop Quiltology on Halsted where I bought backing fabric for both my quilt and the one I am making for my sister. Tomorrow and tonight I want to get a lot farther along with the sister's quilt and piece the backing on my quilt. The goal will be to turn the quilts back in for pick up before I go to NYC, so that I can get them back during the Olympics and start the binding. Then sometime before the end of March I will have made two whole quilts. But that is awfully ambitious (and expensive).

Then Restoration Hardware where I bought lovely fluffy delicious new towels for our bathroom in a lovely color that they call 'Juniper' in their 'Silver Sage' collection.

Then we dropped everything off and walked to the Trader Joe's near us to get a few groceries.

Now I think I will see if I can get some sewing done before I sleep.

1 comment:

Sally said...

I'm glad it was such a great day. Brian Dennehy was fabulous, by the way. Funny and smart and I am so looking forward to seeing the show this afternoon.