Monday, January 11, 2010

The Winter Blahs are here

And I don't like them or want them. Seriously no good. It is cold here and sometime gray here and deceptively sunny and killer cold when it isn't and I don't want to leave the house, but I don't really like being stuck in the house. And then it sucks that I only leave the house for work because that isn't what I want to escape my self-imposed prison for, but it is cold!

Also I get a little cranky and whiny when it is like this. Obviously I need some Vitamin D. Obviously I need more interesting things to do with my time. However being massively hungover all Saturday did not get me braving the weather this weekend.

Unfortunately this winter promises to be a little worse than usual as I am not in a show that forces me to go to rehearsals. Although, I am trying to be really good about supporting friends in their endeavors and making myself take advantage of good opportunities. Like tomorrow night, the MCA is free. It is also hopefully maybe the place we are going to have our wedding and around the freaking corner from my house. Tomorrow I am going, just to get out and about.

I am also trying to introduce more activity into my life hoping the endorphins combat the winter sluggishness.

Well and I am going to NYC in a month, that should be something to look forward to! It should. I promise to look up. I want to be less whiny and mopey, I think it just makes me feel worse about everything and then I get all hopeless and doom and gloomy and that is no good, and rather pointless. My life is not that bad. It just isn't. Is it perfect? No. But, what would a perfect life even mean? Is that even possible? Isn't it far more likely that sometimes shit goes wrong. For everyone sometimes. It just does. And then you move past it or through it or around it or over it and things get better until someday they don't again and you do it again.

I am very lucky to have wonderful friends and family who care about me and who help me out when I need it, and because of that I shouldn't be so focused on the things that aren't perfect. Nothing is perfect. If I don't like it, there is something I can always do to change it, and at the beginning of every new year I usually call myself to a put up or shut up moment about the things I whine about.

1 comment:

Sally said...

Vitamin D for sure. It's really cheap, and it's also good for BONE growth, oh woman who may someday have issues. I was diagnosed with a deficiency last year, and I've discovered that when I take it I feel VASTLY better.

I'm also going to suggest Morning Pages, which are one of the main tools in The Artist's Way. Every morning, get up and furiously write three pages' worth of whatever comes into your head. 8 1/2 x 11 pages (not both sides, so 1 1/2 pieces of notebook paper) covered by hand, because typing doesn't work the same way, apparently.

I know I always feel better when I do them, which is why I've begun again recently. It's a great way to start the day off.

And my verification word is "inked." Blogger agrees with me.