Monday, January 25, 2010

Happiness at the Misfortune of Others

Our office is old and electronically jury rigged to work.

The heating system seems to have two heats in winter, one being "ON FIRE" which we combat by running the air conditioning and the other being "Not so much on at all" which we try not to combat by turning our own heat unit on too strong because then it makes part of the office "ON FIRE" while still leaving the other part of the office "Not so much on at all." This means that one room gets a little heating unit BUT it also means that they cannot make their special coffee with their special coffeemaker AND have their little space heater on at the same time. They assure me that they are not dumb enough to do this and blow fuses (or really blow daisy chained extension cords/surge protectors).

They did just that this morning. Haha!!

This message brought to you by the letter J for Heather is kind of a jerk. And also it would be less fun for me and I would take much less and even no glee from this IF the people it had happened to had not been team of people who make my life miserable, treat me rudely or just badly, and actually a few months ago were so mean to me I almost quit. If it had been the nice people, I would've felt bad and offered to help them. I am not a total jerk, I just believe in Karma or at the very least in what goes around comes around.

1 comment:

chrissy. said...

that's always the way. someone says "oh no, i know what i'm doing" and then they never do.