Monday, January 25, 2010

A Movie: Up In The Air

I saw this movie last night, and it was really charming. George Clooney was spot on, Vera Farmiga as ever was rocking my world with her wonderful strong yet vulnerable acting style (I think that is why I have always loved her, she is totally a tough chick while looking like a mega babe and able to have a vulnerable side that isn't necessarily soft but is vulnerable), that new chick Anna Kendrick is pretty good (Twilight films we are going to ignore as you know we should), the supporting cast is spot on too (Amy Morton from right here in Chicago and the nicer stepsister from Ever After, etc), but what I find myself thinking about today was the framing of the scenes and the opening credits which show views from the air.

The lovely big patterned O's of irrigation circles and the green, brown, yellow, red, gray, and white of the world. The shapes carved into the land by the rivers that run through us. The largeness of our world made tiny by the distance. I keep seeing them now in my head, playing over and over.

1 comment:

Sally said...

What lovely imagery. I still haven't seen it. I need to.