Monday, January 18, 2010

Post Happy, Throat Sad

Apparently I either post multiple times a day or not at all, but whatever I do what I want.

Anyway, an update on the Upper Respiratory Infection. I still have it. The drugs I got to dull the symptoms mostly don't. The cough suppressant does help knock it down enough to get to sleep and stay there mostly kind of. Apparently I should be resting more to get over this. And that isn't so much happening. I am being very aggressive with my water intake, but that again not so much helping. And I am getting very impatient with the wait it out phase. Which I am probably elongating by not getting enough rest.

However, apparently sometimes people drop a lot of weight with URI's. Because it does sort of supress the appetite or mostly you just don't feel hungry ever, and it kind of hurts to eat (see throat pain), so you do not eat. I have noticed no weight loss at all, and I feel kind of ripped off. I mean if I am going to be coughing my guts out this much and feel so bad, at least I should lose 5-10 pounds. Like I could be okay with feeling like crap if there was any sort of bonus for myself. This is bullshit.

2 comments:

chrissy. said...

well, i hope you feel better soon, heather.

Sally said...

I think I lost 15 lbs. the first time I had pneumonia. However, pneumonia, and I probably should have been hospitalized but wasn't. You're right, though, about the appetite suppression. And I bet you have lost some weight.

Feel better soon.