Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Not the place for everything

I have been thinking about it lately. I feel like I get blocked about blogging when the things I want to write about and tumble around in my mind are too personal and too private for an inherently public forum like a blog. Because some things just are, much as I love all of you. Hell some of the things I have published ought to have been kept much more private probably (and might have saved me some cyberstalking grief but whatever it happened).

My friend Sallyacious reccomended that I do something that I think she called artists pages where you wake up and first thing in the morning immediately, you write like 3 little journal pages or one and a half full size pages of anything and everything that is in your mind. I used to write in a journal pretty frequently pre-blogging, but it has definitely been neglected and ignored for this more public and interactive forum.

I think artist pages will help solve several dilemmas. It will let me get the private stuff into a private forum on a regular basis, making way for more public stuff to go up here. Hopefully unblocking the way for that more public stuff to be more interesting than my errands list. Also helping to train me to get right up because I will want to to do my early morning artist thing. This could lead way to early morning wii yoga or pilates on the on demand netflix. It could solve all the world's problems in just a few yammering scribbles!!

Or not. I should probably shut up and try it.

Oooh, and I almost forgot a ordered a box of my favorite pens to facilitate this creative endeavor.

3 comments:

Sally said...

Having the right pen and the right book is VITAL to the success of morning pages. They have to feel good to write on/with. Best of luck! I've been doing them again since just after Christmas, and especially now, I am so glad I decided to take them up again.

Margaret said...

I want to hear more about your favorite pens. I love pens. :)

Heather K said...

Ooh. I am addicted to these dispoable fountain pens by Pilot. Are a great easy and smooth pen with a wonderful write but you never have to reink or refill.