Monday, February 26, 2007

Boys everywhere

Normally you would think that was a good thing, but really it means there are many smelly, drunk punk rockers taking over my house. They get points for letting us watch our shows, but they are still boys--seven of them!!!

Right now they are at the bar around the corner celebrating one of their birthdays. They will probably close it down, unless they get kicked out for being too drunk (which is totally possible). Tomorrow night they have a show, and I will probably maybe go. Who knows. I am going to hide in my room for a while tomorrow (watching some of The Wire) before I head out to go glasses shopping.

So many boys. Not that I dislike boys (these in specific or in general), but this is a little ridiculous.

Also, I cannot begin to express how much I love Mythbusters. It is possibly one of the best shows on tv, and definitely the best science show on tv (and Bill Nye can just suck it).

2 comments:

Robyn said...

Did they just randomly take over your apartment? Why are there so many boys at your place?

We love Mythbusters too- Joe and I usually watch it on Saturdays for many hours.

Heather K said...

They (or at least three of them) are friends with my roommates, and they have been staying with us whenever they are on tour in Chicago or the burbs (they do the small DIY kind of tours).

In August there were ten of them for three days (but not all ten stayed at our house because another band was part of the ten and had their own friends). In November it was just the five in the band for one night.

As far as we knew they were supposed to come with just five of them today/Tuesday just for overnight, but they called us late Sunday and asked if they could come a day early. Oh yeah, and there are seven of them this time.

The core five are pretty nice, and they do a really good job of not being annoying enough or messy enough not to be allowed back, but we weren't emotionally prepared for a day early.