Friday, February 16, 2007

Sore

My thighs are sore in a weird way, and I am convinced it is from walking in the deep snow. There are crazy drifts and shifty piles I must cross to get to work, and to cross them you grip the ground with your leg muscles in a different way then they usually are used when you walk. They hurt and ache in that way that muscles do when they are being newly used.

I had some big philosophical question to ponder that I was tossing about at work, but now I cannot remember. Now I am being distracted by Ken Burns' "The West" just watched Sitting Bull get killed and the Battle of Wounded Knee.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's hilarious. maybe you should try daintily skimming across. jk. hehe.

Jim said...

You gotta watch out for them "shifty piles."

Margaret said...

"Shifty piles" sounds like a very unpleasant skin condition.

-al said...

the remainder of your post totally left me down after reading the first sentence.