Monday, February 19, 2007

I am that kid

At work. I am that kid. I am the one that does all the crazy stuff. Like this morning when I climbed a ladder while carrying a barstool. I have a nifty science down for it. What I do is turn the chair upside down and put the seat on my head with the back down my back, and then I use one hand to climb the ladder and the other to steady the chair on my head. Some days, this is the only way you can get things done quickly, so I do it. I was trying to figure out how to climb a fixed ladder (on a wall) with a box of cushions , but someone came in so I just had them hand them up to me.

Everyone else thinks this is strange or funny, and they sometime worry about my safety. I think this is a result of my MFA. Well, I have been fairly phisically fearless for a while (not stupid, but I evaluate the risk), but animal class and Paul's class sort of pushed that to the extreme, so did McB. All that ladder climbing in capes makes me do silly things at work.

5 comments:

Jim said...

I see your death. The police are huddled around in the affordably pretentious vases aisle of Pier One staring down at your mangled body trying to figure how you managed to crawl inside of a barstool, stacked on top of a ladder, and then fall to your death. Suicide? Homicide? Stoolicide?

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. How can anybody who has done animal work and taken a class from Paul be remotely worried about looking foolish? The cow exercise alone will cure that concern. (Speaking of which, they're doing it in Paul's clown class this semester. God, how I would love to go watch.)

Robyn said...

that seems like a perfectly reasonable way to get a chair up a ladder- makes sense to me

Heather K said...

It is the best possible way to get a chair up a ladder without help.

Sally, you should go watch the cow exercise. You just should. I actually miss that exercise, but we all know I love cows.

Anonymous said...

No, see, if I go watch, he'll make me do it, and I really have no desire to do it again. I can't even listen to the music anymore.