Sunday, February 25, 2007

Oscars Part XVI

That is correct. There have been fifteen commercial breaks since the top of the official pre-show on ABC. Holy dear Jesus! I feel like this is taking longer then yesterday's movie marathon event.

Ryan Gosling is funny! I kind of adore him. Yes, she is getting Penelope's dress! Awesome!

Reese is on in a nice dress that is perhaps a little too severe for her, especially with those bangs. I really need to see the Ryan Gosling flick, and the Peter O'Toole flick. It is nice to see some people really in love like Will and Jada. Forest Whitaker is the biggest badass teddy bear in that audience. Best Actor is of course Forest Whitaker. High fives to Leo and Ryan for being really, really classy and giving him a standing 'o.' I love Forest for really having his moment of Oscar. Beautiful speech by Forest. I really like that actor.

Here are three big guys in film! Lucas, Spielberg, and Coppola are giving best director to Marty! That makes me happy. I thoroughly enjoy his movies, especially "The Departed" although I may like "The Age of Innocence" more (it is a much more me movie. I have to give a shout out to Paul Greengrass though because he is awesome. Marty gives quite a decent speech.

"The Queen" is so good. I really think everyone should see it.

Diane Keaton and Jack Nicholson get the honors for best picture, and shockingly she doesn't look terribly weird in her formal gear. She is however way, way too excited at this point in the evening. Yea! They liked my favorite. I really love this movie, so I am very glad that it won. I am also really glad that the show is all but over. Although someone will bore us with their producer speech--although yea that dude for giving a shout out to all sorts of people.

And we are done! Thank God. But there was confetti, and a second ago, one of my roommates came out of her room and said, "It's still on!" But now it isn't. There are only credits. Just shy of four hours folks.

Thank you for all who read along at home before or after. It was fun for me, even if Robyn and Sara are the only ones who read any of this.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay! i totally read all of it....i missed the first half of the show due to rehearsal so when i did tune in i was totally caught up on all the important stuff....thanks friend!
you are the best!

Anonymous said...

yay! i totally read all of it....i missed the first half of the show due to rehearsal so when i did tune in i was totally caught up on all the important stuff....thanks friend!
you are the best!
i dont know why it wont let me log in ps.
-A

Jim said...

I read some. Of yours and Robyn's! I would've read more, but it seemed like you had to be watching to really follow your comments. And I didn't see the movies even.

Heather K said...

I may edit it down to a concise streamlined thing. Or I may not. We'll see. It probably is pretty incoherent if you aren't watching along with the show.

laurenj said...

Seriously, why four hours? Why so long? I missed the first two hours, and it was still too long! And if you, a fan big enough to sit through all nominees in one day, thinks it is too long, it must actually be too long!

Heather K said...

All the movies in one day was really fun, and since all the movies were good and there were well planned breaks, it was a well-paced day.

The Oscars just seemed to get longer and longer, and at certain points I was thinking, "Isn't this an awards show? Aren't they supposed to be giving out awards?" That right there might have been the kiss of death. And they wonder why people turn it off?